Friday, February 22, 2013

Owls finally finished


Owls. Such a pretty pattern, such a fast knit.
Then how come it took me about 3 years to get this done?
I have no idea, but now it's finished, so lets leave all that behind. This is actually my first "big" project. Something went amiss in the back, I think i might have attached the sleeves at the wrong place. Anyway, it left me with a big bulge on the back, so I improvised some pleats and now I don't think any one notices.

Knitted with Natur Uld from Hjertegarn. You can get the pattern here.
If i where to do it again I would probably chose a less bulky yarn. It is very warm. Very. So it makes for a good cozy sweather for cold evenings, but it is hard to wear as an everyday sweather, which I would have liked to.

Have a nice weekend, and check out some other FO's at Tamis Amis


5 comments:

  1. It looks great! I am sure it will be much loved on those cold winter nights. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic and super snuggley! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had much luck with sweaters but one thing I have learned is that I prefer DK weight or lighter. Yours looks lovely in your photos, so I hope you enjoy it. Maybe some Apres Ski?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pattern! And color is great.

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminados-45/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely! From the pictures I can't tell that anything went awry ^_^

    ReplyDelete